Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

He seemed fine yesterday but this morning when we went to

Customer Question

he seemed fine yesterday but this morning when we went to feed him he would not eat. later in the afternoon he at a small portion from my hand. He went outside and pee'd/pooped came back in an laid around all day. This evening when he tried to stand up his legs gave out...very lethargic....just got up to walk to water bowl and fell . He drank the water but couldn't get his head out of the bowl.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Im very concerned, we don't have an emergency vet around here. He did throw up his food he ate earlier this afternoon. It was after he just drank the water. Food was not digested and it is very soft.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: his name is ***** ***** he is about 9 years old. he was a rescue from a friend, we have had him about 3 years. he is a border collie/lab mix i think.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Has he had any breathing changes?

Are his gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, does he have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Could he have eaten something he should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?

Has he had any diarrhea?