Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dog apparentle has swallowed a plastic bottle cap

Customer Question

Hello my dog apparentle has swallowed a plastic bottle cap
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

Unfortunately this is a possible foreign body situation so it would be best to induce vomiting. If your dog ingested this within the last few hours then you can induce vomiting with 3% hydrogen peroxide 1 tsp per ten pounds then walk around to mix it in the stomach and agitate the lining. If no vomiting within 10-15 minutes it can be repeated once only in hopes of inducing vomiting.

Hopefully he will bring up the bottle cap but if he doesn't then I would advise a veterinary er exam to give stronger medications to bring it up and reduce risk of an obstruction and surgery

Please let me know how else I can assist you both today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses and fingers crossed your Boxer vomited the cap up! I am online another 30 minutes tonight if I can be of any further assistance to you both