Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

He was neutered on Wed. Today his penis came out & it had a

Customer Question

he was neutered on Wed. Today his penis came out & it had a round ball at the base that also came out. It has finally gone back in but there is a bad oder. Does he need to go to emergency clinic?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Ranger, 4 months old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ranger?
Customer: No, he has been doing fine since the surgery. This happen when he was playing with a toddler
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

I am sorry to hear Ranger is having these difficulties. Can you please tell me if he is licking excessively, has increased urination, straining to urinate with only drips or no urination, or increased water intake?

I apologize if you are having challenges with the site.

If Ranger is urinating a normal stream without dribbling, is not licking excessively, panting, and eating normally monitoring until tomorrow should be just fine but if there are any hesitations please consider the veterinary er exam

The primary concern is ability to urinate and a urinary obstruction and as long as this is not the case there doesn't appear to be an increased urgency to have Ranger seen

Please let me know how else I can assist you both today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier, how is Ranger doing since you asked the question. I truly hope he is stable and would love an update!

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today, I am online another 30 minutes this evening

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!