Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

I just sent mess bout the rotting g.s.d. mixed bumps over

Customer Question

I just sent mess bout the rotting g.s.d. mixed bumps over body .but no hair lose or pus just itching and tried frontline this all happened .
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Toby 14 months old .was on advantage since I found him till tis summer .
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Toby?
Customer: No ma'am
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 months ago.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Are the bumps below or above the skin?

2- How long has this been going on?

3- Did the bumps come on quickly like in hours?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Above skin .this just started bout two t week s looks lik mosquito bits red .u Fidel them and see them pull hair back ..but he itching so much ...cant stand see him be uncomfortable. and like where frontline was put also .no pus .no hair falling out .like it did yeast infection ...ears look lil red inside .I put lil vinager and alchole. In ear dry up water and vinager for fungus or bacterial

1- So they look like welts, correct?

2- How much does he weigh?

3- Is on any medications?

4- Any pre existing medical conditions?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Heartland .frontline which im switching back to advantage two.not well .like a mositoe bit on human .just more in one place than human would have .we get out it ...he weight s around 60 lbs ..nothing prexisting .been fine till neutered him then had yeast .bumps inner thighs .on tail at bass it .and under belly .this on bass tail running all over back side and under kneck .shaking head and rubbing ears on carpet .so thats infection..had all shoots so far .and it honestly looks like bumps .lil hard itch and lil red.

Please give me a few minutes to type your answer. Thank you.

Friend, the bumps you are describing are consistent with a condition called "urticaria." Basically, the skin is reacting to an underlying allergy. So, he is having an allergic reaction either to something he came in contact in the environment or he ate. I would recommend you start him on Benadryl (diphenhydramine) 25mg 3 tablets every 12 hours for the next 3-5 days. You can buy Benadryl over the counter in any pharmacy. If the bumps are not better by tomorrow I would have him checked by the family veterinarian for a hands on examination, he may need additional prescription medication not available over the counter.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.