Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  full time veterinarian at Tender Touch Veterinary Hospital
95569734

French bulldog. ate 5 used tampons. cant reach my vet,

Customer Question

french bulldog. ate 5 used tampons. cant reach my vet
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the French bulldog will be able to digest that. What is the French bulldog's name and age?
Customer: rocco. 9 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about rocco?
Customer: no
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 8 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr. Hill. So tampons are one of the more common foreign bodies that we see in dogs. Since Rocco is a french bulldog it is unlikely that he will be able to naturally pass the tampons. My recommendation is that you take him to a local emergency clinic so that they can induce vomiting (if it has been less than 2 hour since ingestion) or put him on fluids and monitor the passage. Hope this helps. Take care.

How is Rocco?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I found my vet and he instructed me to give him a tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide he did vomit them all up and he just now had a little rice and hamburger and is doing well. thank you very much for your concern

That is great news!!!