Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian

I have a aussie/border collie mix about 12 weeks old, and

Customer Question

I have a aussie/border collie mix about 12 weeks old, and about 14 lbs. This morning, I noticed, what I think is dark urine on her puppy pad. We broke a glass about a week ago and thought we got all the glass up, but my daughter pulled a small piece out of the puppy's mouth. I'm scared she swallowed a piece of the glass and it is just now showing up.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the Border collie will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the Border collie?
Customer: But it's been over a week ago.....
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question about this little one. What is her name? Has she been eating and drinking normally? Is she having any vomiting? What did he last stools look like?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Her name is ***** ***** until this morning, I thought everything was ok. she usually does her business outside so I don't see her poop. Yesterday she did poop on her puppy pad and I didn't notice anything unusual. This morning when I got up, there was dark stains on the puppy pad, which I assumed is dark urine. I haven't noticed any vomiting.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is anyone there?

That is good that you've not noticed any vomiting. When objects are eaten and they are causing problems, the most common sign of this is vomiting. Also good that she was eating well yesterday. I would be curious to see if she's eating her today. "writing"... :)

The dark stain could be anal gland material, urine, or possible a little loose stool.

I would say that if she's eating, not vomiting, acting comfortable and seeming pretty normal otherwise - the possibility that the glass was / is an issue would seem pretty unlikely.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She is lethargic today. Maybe she is just resting. Thank you for your help. Since it had been several days, I just wondered if maybe it was just now showing up

Hopefully she'll perk up soon. That glass again wouldn't seem to be the issue.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK....thank you so much!!

I'm hoping for the best. The big things I'd be watching for are vomiting, not eating for 24 hours, and abdominal discomfort.