Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

I think my dog may have viral papilloma as he has a growth

Customer Question

I think my dog may have viral papilloma as he has a growth on his tongue. He also sneezes a lot to the point of having a bloody nose. Benadryl or antibiotics seem to almost stop the sneezing. I was wondering if there could be a link to these two conditions. Pollen in my area has been high for quite a while.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jennifer Van Noy replied 2 months ago.

I’m Dr. Jenn and I’m a licensed veterinarian with 18 years of experience. I’m here to help with your question about Zac.

I’m so sorry you’re having this problem, but glad you’re looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you’re satisfied with the information I’ve provided. I’ll do my best to earn your good rating, because that’s the only way I receive any compensation for helping you.

In order to help me help you better, I’ll need a little more information. To start with, please tell me:

• Are you able to take a picture of the growth on his tongue and upload it for me to see?
  • When Zac sneezes and has a bloody nose, is it one nostril or both?
  • It may be possible that the two are related depending on what is going on with his tongue. A picture may help determine this.