Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  full time veterinarian at Tender Touch Veterinary Hospital

I have a male German Shepard who is 9 years old. Last Friday

Customer Question

i have a male German Shepard who is 9 years old. Last Friday around noon he showed some sign of paralysis. I took him to the doctor this Tuesday. By that time, he had gotton much worse and was dragging both feet. The Vet did xray and said it could be nuerological. They administrated Dexamethasone 4mg injection and prescribed Prednisone 20mg. My dog, Pepsi, is not doing well and almost lost all control of his rear legs . I have confined him to reduce his movements in hope that he will recover. My doctor says that taking him to a specialist is probably too late. It is also important to say that all of his tests came negative for lime and other tests.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 2 months ago.

Hi. This is Dr. Hill. If Pepsi, is still able to move his legs, then it is not too late to see a specialist. I am so sorry that he is having this difficulty. Sometimes seeing a specialist will give you the peace of mind that you need to make difficult decisions in this stage of Pepsi's life. Do the best you can to keep him comfortable. Please send me any additional questions. take care

How is Pepsi doing today?

Hi Merdod,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Pepsi. How is everything going?

Kelly Hill