Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian
88695179

My dog is a huskie two months only recently i noticed his

Customer Question

my dog is a huskie two months only recently i noticed his tail is hanging and a looks a little swollen he tries to scratch with his teeth but cries a little what can be happening i have been giving him aspirin for puppies every 12 hours
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?
Customer: oso
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about oso?
Customer: i have not yet taken him to get his shots when is it adequate to take him i was told around 5months
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 3 months ago.

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that Oso has a sore tail. Can you feel his tail between your fingers? Is it swollen? Is there a specific place on the tail that seems painful? Are there any wounds on the tail? Is there any way his tail could have been injured, like bitten by another dog or slammed in a door?

Also, we recommend starting vaccines at 8 weeks of age and finishing the shots at 15-17 weeks (4 months) of age. By waiting until 5 months, Oso is at very high risk of being exposed to parvo and/or distemper. Also, Rabies vaccines are required for all puppies between 3 and 4 months of age.

Let me know what you find on the tail.

Dr. Amanda

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Amanda

How is Oso's tail tonight? Is it still sore? Do you have any questions for me?

Dr. Amanda