Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dog just started swimming recently and loves it! The only

Customer Question

Hi! My dog just started swimming recently and loves it! The only difference we have seen is everytime he drinks his fresh water now, he throws up. Could there be any correlation?
Thank you for your time
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

I am sorry to hear that Tucker is vomiting water, I have a difficult time putting the new swimming adventures with the water vomiting but can give you a few guidelines to see if we can reduce the vomiting episodes

- Add water to meals so that he isn't drinking large volumes at once
- Elevate his food and water bowls to chest level to minimize the possibility of aspiration or the water going down the wrong tube.
- Do not use a bucket for water so there is not an arch in his neck while drinking

Hopefully this will reduce the vomiting episodes but if they do continue please have your veterinarian evaluate Tucker to rule out other causes of this symptom

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!

I'm just following up on our conversation about Tucker. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman