Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.

I have a 5 year old boxer. He just had him fixed because of

Customer Question

I have a 5 year old boxer. He just had him fixed because of enlarge prostate. He came home yesterday and today I can't get him to stop pacing. He is peeing small amounts everywhere but when I take him out he can't pee.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

I am so sorry to hear Baxter is having such difficulties. I would very strongly recommend a veterinary er tonight. There is a small possibility that either there is an obstruction in his urethra or his prostate and he is unable to produce a good urine stream. If this is the case and his bladder continues to fill without relief it can rupture and be life threatening. In addition it can affect kidney function if this is an issue as well...

A veterinary er can palpate his bladder to see if the bladder is very very full and if so place a urinary catheter to provide relief. This is not something I would advise waiting until morning to treat. Please very seriously consider a veterinary er in this scenario

Please let me know how else I can assist you both, you are definitely in my thoughts

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!