Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

He started with bloody liquid with his poop on Monday. Our

Customer Question

He started with bloody liquid with his poop on Monday. Our vet prescribed 125mg metronidazole 2x a day. He had n blood yesterday or this morning. a couple of hours a We have been giving him boiled chicken and brown rice. A couple of hours ago my husband gave him a baby carrot and he threw up. He had been eating a little grass. I looked through his vomit an found a bright red small fleshy thing. I am scared. He went ot to poop at had a little blood on stool again.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: Thank you
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Is this the first time you're seeing vomiting?
2) Was the vomit bloody or just had a piece of fleshy material in it?
3) Was the carrot raw or cooked? If cooked, how?
4) Is the stool improving?