Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 13 year old dachshund can not keep anything in his tummy.

Customer Question

My 13 year old dachshund can not keep anything in his tummy. This started with him throwing up water last evening it is now yellow bile, I offered him water and minutes later it's up, he has mucus and dark diarrhea he has a fever of 104 since 3am this morning. Has 0 interest in eating and is weak.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dachshund eat anything unusual?
Customer: Not to my knowledge he stays inside most of the time but can go out anytime during the day
JA: What is the dachshund's name?
Customer: Peanut
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Peanut?
Customer: He has had issues with his liver in the past as well as seizures he USA,lay drinks a good bit because of the liver issues.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 months ago.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is he currently on any medications?

2- How much does he weigh?

3- How long since the last time you checked his rectal temperature?