Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog has been coughing up mucous for 3 days. Eatting and

Customer Question

My dog has been coughing up white mucous for 3 days. Eatting and BMs OK but is tired
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 3 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about Boogie. Are you online to discuss him?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Started Sunday evening with just a small amt of throwing up white mucous. Monday morning we walked for an hour and he had 6 white mucous emesis, approx 30-60 cc's but energy to walk and play. Tuesday he was tired and slept most of the day and evening, limited food but no problem with stools and pees. Today he seems better but not his usual puppy self. He is 10 months old and non-stop.
Expert:  Jess K replied 3 months ago.

I apologize as I was online when you posted your question, but not once you replied 2 hours later. I am just not seeing your reply. Do you happen to be online right now?

Expert:  Dr. Ellie replied 3 months ago.

are you able to post a video of what your dog is doing?

Is he coughing with the emesis episodes coming at the end of the coughing fit?

Does he go to doggy daycare, groomers, training classes or anywhere he has exposure to other dogs- or has he had recent exposure to other dogs even if it is not regular exposure?

Is his appetite normal?