Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a golden retriever who gets "bad" ears every now and

Customer Question

I have a golden retriever who gets "bad" ears every now and then. I cleaned them, but I need some ear medication and my vet is not in today. Can you prescribe? and will my pharmacy have pet meds?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the golden retriever's name and age?
Customer: Sunny, age 8 1/2. He weighs over 100 pounds
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sunny?
Customer: Not really. This is a re-occurring problem with him, mostly in the summer
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today.

Unfortunately, we cannot offer prescriptions. Veterinary licensing boards prohibit prescriptions from being written without a hands-on physical being performed. If the veterinary office that you're using has prescribed medication for Sunny recently, they may be willing to refill the medication at their pharmacy or call it in to a pharmacy near you (some Walmarts and Sams are now carrying prescription items for pets).

Let me know if I can help further.

Checking in. How is your companion doing, JACustomer?