Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.

Our seven month old dog ate 100 pet-Eze soft crews. The

Customer Question

Our seven month old dog ate 100 pet-Eze soft crews. The brand is 21st century animal Heath care. And also has her regular dinner blow. Can you tell me if she will be okay?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

If your dog ingested this within the last hour then you can induce vomiting with 3% hydrogen peroxide 1 tsp per ten pounds then walk around to mix it in the stomach and agitate the lining. If no vomiting within 10-15 minutes it can be repeated once only in hopes of inducing vomiting.

With this supplement we can see increase seratonin activity and excitation/ tremors the first 4-6 hours after ingestion so please monitor closely for this if you are not able to induce vomiting.

Chamomile can have anti coagulant effects, unfortunately my database does not have a toxic dose

I would be watching closely for progression to her lethargy and if this happens have her checked by ER vet to make certain cardiopulmonary system is working fine. I would also advise having your family veterinarian check her blood work tomorrow make certain she is coagulating ok.

If you are not able to induce vomiting please no further food until morning and then only small frequent bland meals of white rice and lean boiled meat. If there is vomiting that is not subsiding, muscle tremors, or heavy sedation then please consider a veterinary exam. Although I don't expect this to be an issue it is always best to know what to be monitoring for...

Please let me know how else I can assist you both today. I am online another 20 minutes tonight to assist you.

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

Good evening, I wanted to check in on Korra to see how she did after you asked your questions? I would love an update when you are able...

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!