Christi Belew
Christi Belew, Veterinarian
Experience:  Medical Director at Union Hill Animal Hospital
70197007

My Toy poodle who is about 12 has become sad and lethargic!

Customer Question

Hi my Toy poodle who is about 12 has become sad and lethargic ! I took her to the Vet and he could not find any obvious problems initially . We have totally renovated our house and all her safe zones have been removed . I am thinking she has depression? I took her for a walk last night and she seemed fine but when we came home she went flat again ! We are currently living in our bedroom as all else is under renovation :( is this a possible diagnosis for her and what should I do
Thanks Julie. Her name is Toffee
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help Toffee. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Toffee?
Customer: Mmmm she is not showing any other issues apart from tail down all the time and moping around.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Christi Belew replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I am happy to help your and Toffee. When you went to your vet, was any senior blood work done? I always worry about liver, kidney, thyroid and red blood disease in an older pet that is lethargic. Is she eating/drinking ok? Any vomiting or diarrhea?

Hello, I wanted to follow up regarding Toffee, I did not receive any reply or questions back.

If I was able to answer your questions, please kindly rate me (this is how I am compensated for my time). If not, please reply and I am happy to answer additional questions. Thank you.