Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a 15 year old border collie that I have taken to two

Customer Question

I have a 15 year old border collie that I have taken to two vets. He has had a complete blood panel and urine analysis. The blood work came back great but he had bacteria in his urine. His globulin and white cell count were also elevated. They have put him on Baytril which he has been on for a week. He also had what looks to be a snake or spider bite on his elbow that the vet is having me treat with Mometamax and epsom salts compresses. He is licking at the leg so I am guessing that it is still painful or irritating. They had me put him first on Valium, then on Trazadone which I feel made him more anxious so I have stopped both. I am at a loss as to what to do about the scratching behavior. He has completely ruined two doors already.
Thank you
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 6 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear about this situation with your guy. Can you take a photo of the lesion on the leg so I can see what it looks like? By ruining two doors, how has he done this? Have they talked about an E-collar being used to provide a barrier to licking at it?