Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My dog has a very serious yeast infection he is a pit Boxer

Customer Question

my dog has a very serious yeast infection he is a pit Boxer mix he is about 50 pounds he is a sweetheart he's been recently neutered and healthy all I can say is I noticed him scratching when I first got him I always thought it was bugs in the grass or something then I noticed an older eventually and didn't pay it any attention then I noticed he had a very serious call and we got the car under control with the Vets help and some medicine now I noticed about the yeast infection when I took her to the vet he had a bacterial infection and a yeast infection 2 times now this is the third time and it's very serious I put them on the world died recently hamburger with the eggs and and the dynamite supplements and it seems like everything got worse because his hair started believing him on his back and then his skin we get hot to the touch everywhere we turn red it would be Flamin Hot and the vet told me that she doesn't know what to do charity put him on antibiotics and then take a medicine with this case shampoo and she said she don't know what else to do I took with another bed and he told me he didn't know what to do absolutely to take him to a dermatologist which is very expensive I don't know what to do he recently stopped eating his raw food he didn't want to eat it at all. So I just put him back on his cables Rachael Ray with a cooked chicken and rice I cook a pot of water leg quarters with rice with brown rice and I took that and I make a mix a little bit of the brown rice with his Rachael Ray dry dog food so I am just totally lost I'm using everything vinegar Rentz to the case and pool I'm soaking his feet in peroxide I'm using iodine antiseptics antiseptics in the store I'm using the vitamins with Goldenseal and enchantment also using vitamin E pills fish oil pills 900 milligrams of Omega fatty acid probiotics I am using human probiotics best one to have Allen or align I do think it's all related because we have a serious mold in the house we had some serious roof leak issues and then we got him taken care of but we didn't do a cleanup from where the water was leaked on the rugs so I'm sure mold is there behind the carpets and stuff don't know if that's the problem when I first got him he didn't have any skin issues he was abused left outside wasn't an indoor dog have a lot of police never scratched nothing from the fleas and nothing I always thought that it started with the rabies shots and I thought that's what broke his immune system down vaccine but I'll stop talking and let you get a word in Thanks
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Please disregard all as I am speaking to the phone and it is mistyping everything
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: I will try again I have a 2 year old boxer pit mix he has a severe case of yeast infection he's been to the doctor twice they put him on antibiotics and the K medicine plus shampoo it did not faze him at all not at all it did not help so I put them on A Raw diet hamurgerEggs with a supplement Dynamite nothing help it seems like it got worse when he was on the raw diet after 4 days he stopped wanting to eat the raw meat I took him back to the doctor and she said she doesn't know what to do I took him to a second doctor and he told me he didn't want to waste my time and the best thing to do with to see the dermatologist which is very expensive his skin gets hot to the touch he gets red spots and he's losing his hair very badly the medicine that I have him on is another batch of the cahills fish oil omega 3 900 milligrams vitamin D enchant enchantment will Goldenseal mixed apple cider vinegar as a rinse hydrogen peroxide for his feet also iodine antiseptic and a triple antibiotic ointment that is my low Arsenal it seems to be sustaining him but I can still see you then red welts come and go I just check them more often and feel for the heat from his skin and if I feel the heat I treat it with something whether it be antiseptic or triple antibiotic it seems to help but his hair is leaving we did have we do have some serious mold issues I know we had a real problem with leeks we got that fix but we still have the damage from the water on the rugs behind the sofa which I saw the mold so it could be a mold problem I'm not sure I need help bad because he does not look good at all thank you
JA: There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name?
Customer: The dog's name is BOxxer
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about BOxxer?
Customer: Just needed to retype so disregard the first long text thanks
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Can you please provide pictures of your companion's skin?
2) Tell me in detail what medications he is currently on.
3) Has a novel diet ever been tried for him?