Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.

Question, My 3 yr old ate a 75 MG syn thr oid pill I

Customer Question

JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: My 3 yr old ate a 75 MG syn thr oid pill I believe. Is it poisonous to her?
JA: Did you see what the dog ate?
Customer: She was chewing on something. I was going throw some old boxes...noticed one was missing from my pill box...
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: I immediately gave her 1 tsp of hydrogen peroxide
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

Can you please tell me how long ago this was ingested and how much your dog weighs?

And this is 75 mcg not mg correct? This is the common formulation for this medication

75 mcg= 0.075 mg is a very low dose so I do not expect to see any issues with this ingestion. You may see mild gi upset but otherwise it will not be toxic regardless of your dog's weight at this ingestion dose so you should be just fine

As a precaution you can give white rice and lean boiled meat such as chicken as meals for 24 hours to minimize loose stools but again I don't think there will be any issues

Please let me know how else I can assist you both today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I hope your dog is doing well after your question. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!