Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.

I have a shih Tzu and he seems to be in pain in his

Customer Question

I have a shih Tzu and he seems to be in pain in his belly/side area, not sure exactly where, he wants to bite if you touch him to close under there. he doesn't want to drink right now or walk to much. he peed once this morning, he seemed fine last night when I came home and let him out. Im just letting him lay around and rest. don't know what I can do until tomorrow.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It appears that Coco has either injured himself and has a painful bruise or has injured an area of his vertebrae that is causing an interference with the nerve supply. If Coco will eat, it may help to allow him to rest as you are doing and giving him aspirin at 5 mg per pound of his weight every 12 hrs. If he will not eat, then allow him to fast and see how he feels in the morning. Your vet can run tests to determine what is causing this and how best to treat Coco.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****