Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian
71397578

We,re dog sitting for my brother's 2 shi zues. On is suppose

Customer Question

We,re dog sitting for my brother's 2 shi zues. On is suppose to get phenobarbital in his food for seizures. The other one ate her's and her brother's food ingesting the brother's med. will one dose hurt the dog that was not suppose to get it?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your brother's dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she's about nine years old. Her brother' Kosmo is about ten and the one who the med was for. The dose is 2ml 2 times a day. Kiki only had the one dose.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Kiki?
Customer: No, she is healthy
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 7 months ago.

A single dose of phenobarbital should not hurt Kiki.

She may be a little sleepy or sedate for the day, but it should not cause any major issues.

I would feed them separately while you are watching them, otherwise this will very likely happen again. It's not a major issue except that the phenobarbital is not a very cheap drug.

I wish you both the best. Have a great day!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for you help.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 7 months ago.

You are very welcome.

I strive for 100% Customer Satisfaction. Please feel free to reply back to me if you need any further information or if you are unsatisfied with this chat. Otherwise, please accept this answer and leave positive feedback for this conversation. Thank you very much and have a great day!

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again.

I noticed you have not accepted or rated this conversation yet and I wanted to see if there was anything else I could help you with.

Please feel free to reply back at your convenience and let me know if there is anything more I can do for you. Also, please feel free to leave positive feedback for this conversation at any time so we know you no longer require continuing this conversation. I wish both the best. Have a great day!

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 7 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. G.