Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian

My husband and I bought a 3mo brindal Pit. He has a grunting

Customer Question

Hello, my husband and I bought a 3mo brindal Pit bull. He has a grunting noise coming from him. We also noitice he does not bark. He is very thin, he can not dry food at all, so I tried a soft kind... that wasn't working, he again could not get it down. I have being giving him pedialyte and he has drank some,choking a bit, seemed very mucusly. Since we got him last night he has only has only urinated twice.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear Fimmy is not doing well.

Any vomiting or diarrhea?

Has he had a stool check done by a vet recently and has he had his required vaccines?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
when he tries to eat or drink he will throw up with a clear, but sometimes it is foamy. No he has yet to hsve a bowel movement.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
After trying to eat and done throwing it up, it seemed he passed out for a sec
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 2 months ago.

I see.

He should not be throwing up that much. Puppies can decline very rapidly when having vomiting or any upset stomach. I also don't like that he seems like he might be passing out. This can potentially be due to very severe dehydration.

Your dog could have an infectious/inflammatory cause of the vomiting, this could be parasites, or this could be a foreign object sitting in the GI tract. Since he is a puppy and he is very sick, I would recommend having him seen by a vet this morning. You are not going to be able to give any oral meds that are going to help if he is vomiting.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 2 months ago.

I just wanted to check in. How is your Fimmy doing? Is there anything else I can help you with? Please feel free to reply back at your convenience and let me know if there is anything more I can do for you. Also, please feel free to leave positive feedback for this conversation at any time so we know you no longer require continuing this conversation. I wish you and your pet the best. Hopefully Fimmy is doing much better. Have a great day!

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 2 months ago.
Hi Jessie,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Fimmy. How is everything going?

Dr. G.