Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

Lump on side of penis? Not sure how old he is but is

Customer Question

Lump on side of penis? Not sure how old he is but is neutered he is a palmarainean
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Murray, he was found but groomer guessed he is about 7yes. Old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Murray?
Customer: No he's normal playful good mannered dog
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 10 months ago.

Good Afternoon and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

If you see this lump under the skin of the prepuce, it is probably the bulbous glandis that is protruding. Even when they are neutered, they can get a rise from this area which is at the base of the penis for no particular reason that we know of. This is normal and will resolve on its own. If you actually see a lump on the penis itself, considering Murrays age, this may still be the bulbus or it could be a tumor or infection. If there is any pain that you see, take Murray for an exam by your vet. In most cases, this is normal and will resolve.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it makes sense, thank you, ***** ***** a soft lump and does not seem to bother him. We will just keep an eye on it. Thank you again i

Excellent! Chances are good that it is only this gland....good to know though.

You are very welcome!!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta