Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

My dogs came back from groomers with bumps on them

Customer Question

I have a pug/beagle and a cocker spaniel/terrier mix they both came back from groomers with bumps on them well the puggle had a bunch and the other dog just one or two; but they look like pus is in them. Almost like a pimple but now they are scabbed and mostly going away. I've been giving them Benadryl. Just wanted to ask should I continue or take to the vet?
My dog's name is Daisy.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.
Hello & welcome,
Based on your description, this sounds like they both have a bacterial pyoderma. This is a bacterial infection of the skin that can give us that pimple appearance. Now for the Cocker mix with a few, you could continue Benadryl (0.5mg per pound of weight every 12 hours) and salt water bathe the few left to get them healed. In regards to puggle, if he still has quite a few you can treat the same but if this isn't drastically reducing, then we may need antibiotics from your vet to tackle this from the inside out. So, the dog with a few could be managed as you are but if we have a lot on your other dog oral antibiotics from your vet is the best option to get this nipped in the bud.
Please take care.