Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog has rectal cancer and now feels the urge to defacate

Customer Question

My dog has rectal cancer and now feels the urge to defacate every 15 minutes. He is miserable.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Willie and he is 11
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Willie?
Customer: the vet plans to give him prednisone on Monday but he is miserable and can't relax at all.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? How was Willie diagnosed with rectal cancer? Is he on any other medications?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The doctor removed the tumors about a month ago but said there was more he could not get. He said it fell apart when he grabbed it but upon another exam he felt more that he wanted to go back and get. On last Monday he went back in but could not get any more of the tumors. He injected them with a chemo drug sent him home on an antibiotic and timidly. He just keeps feeling like he needs to defecate but very little comes out. How do I make him comfortable. The Vet said he will give him prednisone on Monday but this dog is miserable and so are his owner. He has had very little sleep. Always want to go out and try to go. Yesterday the vet did tell me to stop rimadyl and give him a antacid
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Cancel my response. It is taking to long. I took my dog back to the vet. Please refund my money as this was not helpful to me. I was let to believe the responses are more immediate. My vet took care of my problem. Thank you.