Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog demonstrates a very staccato, gait and weakness in

Customer Question

My dog demonstrates a very staccato, gait and weakness in front paws,- she is sharp in mind and very smart, just seems very clutcy and degas her front paws alittle when walking. Is this a brain disorder or something and what can I do to help her?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No wounds. Vet says may be birth defects on brain stem , but noticing getting worse and I can't afford a lot of tests to
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** 18 months. Stucco gait was noticeable right away, and in last two months weakness and dragging paws alittle
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about nala?
Customer: She is alert, loves to play and doesn't seem to notice her special needs except she goes tops turbo easily when playing
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb.

I recently came online and see that your question about Nala hasn't been answered. I'm so sorry that you've had to wait for a response, but if you still need assistance, I'd like to help if I can.
I do have a few questions to ask first, if you don't mind:

1. What breed is she?

2. How long has she has these issues which are now getting worse?

Since it looks as if you are currently offline, there may be a delay after I receive your answers since I have to type up a response to you and I may be offline at the time you respond. But I'll get back to you as soon as I can since I'm on the computer some part of every day.
Thanks for your patience. Deb