Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian
71397578

2 yr old french bulldog. 30 pounds of solid muscle. Him and

Customer Question

2 yr old french bulldog. 30 pounds of solid muscle. Him and my 5 yr old were playing like they do all day long and my son either jumped on him or fell on him when they were running. Jax is now babying his back leg, but he is still using it to go up steps, just really slowly. He let me move it around, i could tell it hurt him tho. But nothing like when my olde hurt his back leg and needEd surgery. He does yelp when kids come near him, I'm sure he's afraid they might fall on him. I didn't see it happen, just going on what my crying 5 yr old told me. Ice seems to help tho. He isn't shaking anymore and he's finally sleeping like a baby.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry to hear your dog is not feeling well.

How long ago did this happen?

Have you given any pain medications?

Do you have any dog safe medications at home such as rimadyl/carprofen, deramaxx, metacam/meloxicam, tramadol, or gabapentin?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This happened last night before bed. But he was in bed with me all night just shaking a little. It was this morning i noticed his limp. I haven't given him pain meds at all. I do think I have one rimadyl from my other dog. But his is a 80pd dog dose, jax is 30pd. I also have tramadol here that I'm on which is a 50mg dose. I have ice on him is all and he seems content. First time not shaking.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 9 months ago.

I see. He might just be a little sore. He could also have a more serious injury like a tear of the cruciate ligament in the knee. I would recommend strict rest for the next few days: no jumping, no stairs, no time off leash. You can give a 1/4 of the rimadyl every 12 hours to help with pain and inflammation. I would do this for a couple days. If there is no improvement in 48 hours, you should have him seen by your vet for an exam and possibly x-rays as well.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 9 months ago.

I strive for 100% Customer Satisfaction. Please feel free to reply back to me if you need any further information or if you are unsatisfied with this chat. Otherwise, please accept this answer and leave positive feedback for this conversation. Thank you very much and have a great day!

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 9 months ago.

I just wanted to check in. How is Jax doing? Is there anything else I can help you with? Please feel free to reply back at your convenience and let me know if there is anything more I can do for you. Also, please feel free to leave positive feedback for this conversation at any time so we know you no longer require continuing this conversation. I wish you and Jax the best. Have a great day!

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 9 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Jax. How is everything going?
Dr. G.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again.

I noticed you have not accepted or rated this conversation yet and I wanted to see if there was anything else I could help you with.

Please feel free to reply back at your convenience and let me know if there is anything more I can do for you. Also, please feel free to leave positive feedback for this conversation at any time so we know you no longer require continuing this conversation. I wish both the best. Have a great day!