Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian
71397578

He has an almond shaped hard lump by his molars on the left

Customer Question

He has an almond shaped hard lump by his molars on the left side of his lower jaw.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Mack - 7
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Mack
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Mack?
Customer: We had a cat that had an issue in the same place - though his could have been from a tooth issue. Mack's teeth seem good.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 4 months ago.

What breed of dog is Mack?

Where is the mass: is it on the gums, on the skin?

How long has the mass been present?

Has the mass been checked out by your vet yet?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ADC - seems to on the gum and I noticed it about 48 hours ago.Vet has not seen it yet.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 4 months ago.

What do you mean by ADC?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 4 months ago.

I see. thank you.

Are you able to take a clear high resolution image and post it here for me to see?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not at this time - it doesn't seem to have any discoloration or heat to it.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 4 months ago.

I see. is it pink or black? or is it another color?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it is both colors in his mouth - but seems to be a darker pink in general in his mouth.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 4 months ago.

It sounds like this is a gingival mass. This could be gingival hyperplasia, which is a benign inflammation of the gums, or it could be an epulis which is a benign mass. This could also be a more aggressive tumor such as a fibrosarcoma or other type of cancer. I recommend having your vet check this out to make sure it does not look like something more aggressive. Your vet will likely recommend removing the mass under anesthesia and sending it to a pathologist to figure out what exactly it is.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay, thank you.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 4 months ago.

You are very welcome.

I wish you and your dog the best.

Have a wonderful day!

I strive for 100% Customer Satisfaction. Please feel free to reply back to me if you need any further information or if you are unsatisfied with this chat. Otherwise, please accept this answer and leave positive feedback for this conversation.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 4 months ago.

I just wanted to check in. How is Mack doing? Is there anything else I can help you with? Please feel free to reply back at your convenience and let me know if there is anything more I can do for you. Also, please feel free to leave positive feedback for this conversation at any time so we know you no longer require continuing this conversation. I wish you and Mack the best. Have a great day!

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 4 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. G.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 3 months ago.

I noticed you have not yet accepted and rated this conversation. I just wanted to see if you needed any further information regarding Mack.

Please feel free to reply back at your convenience and let me know if there is anything more I can do for you. Also, please feel free to leave positive feedback for this conversation at any time so we know you no longer require continuing this conversation. I wish both the best. Have a great day!