Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

My two year old border terrier ate my daughter's cuticle oil

Customer Question

My two year old border terrier ate my daughter's cuticle oil correction stick. I found all the plastic part, but the stick itself (made of hard foam) is gone.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if border terrier will be able to digest that. How old is border terrier?
Customer: Two
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about border terrier?
Customer: She is otherwise in good health, although she ate into my daughter's pill box last month and had to be hospitalized.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. I am glad to hear she made it after getting into the pill box.

How big is the piece of hard foam? How long ago did she get it?

If it is 1/2 inch or less, it will probably pass with out a problem. I would feed her normally, to help push it through. An Xray will probably not show up the hard foam so I would watch her to be sure she is eating, and not vomiting.

Let me know how she is doing, and if this answered your questions,