Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

She ate three doses of nexgard, LuLu she's 3, LuLu, No

Customer Question

She ate three doses of nexgard
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: LuLu she's 3
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: LuLu
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about LuLu?
Customer: No
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 4 months ago.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How much does she weigh?

2- Was the nexgard for her weight category?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
She weighs 65 lbs
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It'd thr 60.1-121
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's the
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
her category

Thank you for answering my questions. Please give me a few minutes to type your answer and calculate the dose she took based on her weight.

Friend, this will not be life threatening for your dog, at worst she may develop vomiting or diarrhea otherwise she will be fine.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok Thank you. Is there anything I shld do?

Just observe her, if she develops vomiting or diarrhea this is what you can do:

1- Do not give things like Pepto Bismol or imodium. Start her on Pepcid AC (famotidine) 10mg tablet every 12 hours for the next 2-3 days. You can buy Pepcid AC over the counter in any pharmacy.

2- No food or water for 6-8 hours. Need to give her gastrointestinal tract time to rest.

3- After 6-8 hours offer a small amount of water. Wait half hour, if no vomiting, offer small amount of rice (50%) and boiled boneless chicken or ground beef (50%) 4-6 times a day. Keep on this diet for several days then wean into regular diet.

4- If she continues to vomit after doing the above she will need to be seen by your family veterinarian for a hands on examination.