Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

I would like to send you an image of the region under our

Customer Question

I would like to send you an image of the region under our female dog's tail. She has been in her second heat for at least two weeks, and the swelling in the area looks odd to me. The swelling is much more pronounced that the first heat. The vulva is not just enlarged, it is protruding significantly and pointed downward. It does not appear to be pink or red like internal tissue; it is covered with her usual hair. I'm wondering if this is normal, because it does not look like the usual swelling I see in images online. The dog was the runt of her birth litter. She is part mastiff and part pit bull.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for asking about Tengu. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

I would be happy to look at your picture if you can post it here. Use the paper clip icon above to do this. However, what you describe may be normal; the vulva does enlarge greatly when a dog is in heat. It may be that the first heat was not a full heat, so she did not swell as much. Please send the picture!

Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.

I did not hear back from you; I hope you saw my response! How is Tengu? Can you send that picture?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Pkease cancel my request and my membership. I got the information from the dogs owner
Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.

I am glad you got the information you needed.

I will contact customer service; I can't cancel your membership. Let me know if I can be of help in the future.