Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

I think my puppy ate methinphidamines, Dolly, Shes my world

Customer Question

I think my puppy ate methinphidamines
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your puppy will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Dolly
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Dolly?
Customer: Shes my world 2 me right now. And l dont want to loose her! Shes been. Running in circles and has dierria
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome, I am Dr. B and would like to help you today.

How much did she have?

How much does she weigh?

How long ago did she have this?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Not sure if she had anything. It was Oscar who suggested it. Im not sure what is wrong. She probably weighs about 3 pounds & is 3 and a months old.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I meant 3 and a half. Months old. But shes been throwing up all day and shitting like a duck. All day also
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 months ago.

Thank you,
Now I am quite concerned about your wee one. We can see other reasons for her gut signs but the running about makes me share your concern about meth.
Meth can be quite toxic in small doses and can be especially dangerous for small or young pups. It also is quick to absorb and often toxicity and adverse signs develop right away as we are seeing here.That quick absorption means that we cannot induce vomiting to prevent it. Though if she has been vomiting, we would hope she has minimal in her system.
Still severe vomiting and diarrhea for this small a pup is a worry since dehydration and collapse due to energy loss is a major risk.

Now if she is vomiting we are limited in home care options since often we need to use injectable anti-nausea treatment to break the vomiting cycle.

The only real home options with the meth concern would be togive her OTC activated charcoal (1-4 g per pound of her weight every 8 hours) to bind what hasn't absorbed yet. You can also keep things calm and dimly lit to reduce the risk of this causing seizures.
To help with her gut signs, you can start a light diet ( ie rice with boiled chicken, white fish or cottage cheese) to counter her diarrhea and soothe her stomach.
Of course, if she cannot settle, has any issues eating/drinking, or develops neurological symptoms ( ie tremors, seizures), then she'd need to see the local vet for fluids to flush this out, treat her with injectable anti-nausea medication, and symptomatic care to get her through this safely.
Please take care,
Dr. B
------------------------------------
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Afterwards, please make sure to rate my help ( using the stars or typing a rating) as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you. :)