Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

My chi's of one eye has been red since I adopted her on

Customer Question

My chi's white of one eye has been red since I adopted her on Saturday. I intend to take her to the vet tomorrow, but now she won't open the eye and her nose is dry. Can this wait until tomorrow?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Sissy. 3 years
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sissy?
Customer: She did have an eye cherry that was repaired awaiting adoption, but I don't know the date or which eye.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome, I am Dr. B and would like to help you today.

As I am sure you can appreciate, eyes are very delicate. Now if this is only red and she is closing it, but the eyeball isnt enlarged, isn't hazy and hasn't any appreciable scratches or damage, then you can flush the eye with OTC saline ( ie first aid eye eye wash, plain contact lens solution) until her vet is open to see her. Though any of those other signs or if she appear painful then we'd want her seen without delay to be safe.

Please take care,
Dr. B
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Afterwards, please make sure to rate my help ( using the stars or typing a rating) as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you. :)

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?