Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

I have a 6 week old puppy,she's tired,won't eat,or drink,she

Customer Question

I have a 6 week old puppy,she's tired,won't eat,or drink,she had her parvo shot at 4 weeks,I just wormed her with nemex 2,she also has diarrhea,& vomiting,an little blood in her it possible she has a bad case of worms?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about 2?
Customer: No
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome, I am Dr. B and would like to help you today.

Now I must say that I am quite concerned about your wee one. Severe worm burdens can appear this way ( even cause gut blockages ) but so can bacterial infections, protozoa, harmful ingestions, and viruses. And I have to note that while there are other suspect viruses, we can see parvo even in young vaccinated pups.
Now with all the signs you have reported, we need to tread with care. Dehydration, nutrient losses, weight loss and collapse are all high risk here. Because of that and the vomiting, we'd be best to have her seen urgently. That way we can get her into injectable anti-nausea treatment, fluids, and antibiotics to counter as much of the above as possible and keep her stable. As well, you can have her vet check for gut blockages from worms or otherwise and have the test a stool sample to determine what is to blame here. Based on that, we can treat this as effectively as possible and get her settled before this can cause those above side effects or leave her stunted.

Please take care,
Dr. B
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Afterwards, please make sure to rate my help ( using the stars or typing a rating) as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you. :)