Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

He has spots on the inside flaps of ears. copper, 12 year

Customer Question

he has brown spots on the inside flaps of ears.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: copper
JA: How old is copper?
Customer: 12 year daushand
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about copper?
Customer: they were just one now there is more. i am worried cancer
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 months ago.

Can you upload a photo(s) of these spots to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.

Please check the photo(s) before uploading to make sure that they're in focus.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
best i could do. they are on both ears but this ear is the worse.

Thank you but after extracting that file only text was found.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i know i am trying
can help if necessary.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue but other experts in this category may be able to assist you in this regard. Please let me know if you'd like another expert to do so and I'll opt out of this conversation. Please stay in the conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I regret that I'm not equipped for live video calls. Please let me know if you'd like another expert who might be able to do this and I'll opt out of this conversation. Please stay in the conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok i cannot get this to upload. thank anyway
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
did it work

It uploaded but it's out of focus and non-diagnostic. I'm sorry this has become such a bother but I want to be very accurate for you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok let me take more pictures

I appreciate it. These appear to be heavily pigmented and raised skin lesions suggestive of either melanomas (malignant) or melanocytomas (benign).

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i think so too. He is old and i started noticing recently and i noticed they are very aggressive
so i just wanted a doc to look.. we are taking him to his favorite
place at the river over labor day. we have decided not to take him to a vet because of his age and whatever happens happens.
i just wanted to prepare myself. I understand they may be benign but they don't look like it to me.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
wrong ones
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
more

Thank you! I agree with you. The speed at which they're appearing and the inflammation surrounding them is more characteristic of melanoma than melanocytoma and melanomas are more commonly found on the head. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thank you so much for your time and patience. we can end now. thanks again

You're quite welcome. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.