PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My dog has an anal hernia. The local Vet in Mississauga,

Customer Question

Hi, My dog has an anal hernia. The local Vet in Mississauga, Canada is recommending a hugely expensive surgery. I am not sure where else I can get this done. Do you know of a place close to the border in the USA where I can get this done cheaply?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today.

A perineal hernia is very likely not going to be a cheap fix no matter who it is that you see.

That being said, I can give you a list of hospitals to call that are right across the border that may be able to give you a rough estimate over the phone for such costs and you can compare that to what your vet has quoted you in Canada. Here are some to try:

City Creatures Animal Hospital

*****·(###) ###-####br />

Nickel City Animal Hospital

*****·(###) ###-####br />

Buffalo Small Animal Hospital

243 S Elmwood Ave ·(###) ###-####/p>

McClelland Small Animal Hospital

*****/p>(###) ###-####br />

Kenmore Animal Hospital

*****/p>(###) ###-####br />

Elmwood Small Animal Hospital

*****/p>(###) ###-####/p>

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in, JACustomer. Were any of these clinics able to provide you a better price point?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy