Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I took my daughter that's the way to go she had bacterial or

Customer Question

I took my daughter that's the way to go she had bacterial or she has protein in her urine so the vet gave her 400 milligrams of amoxicillin and she supposed to take one and a half tablets a day until it's gone every 12 hours so chili weighs 57 pounds and now all the sudden she has a mass on the side of a neck
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Nyla, and she is 10 months
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Nyla,?
Customer: She's having a hard time jumping up on things now and does she does not want to eat out of a dish but sweet if I can feed her and she doesn't drink a lot
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 3 months ago.

HI. Welcome. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about this situation with Nyla. Is this swelling painful? Is she still eating and drinking?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She seems that she is in pain, the lump only came out after she was on the amoxicillin for a week

Ok. I'm going to say that this "lump" shouldn't be due to the amoxicillin. This lump in a young dog like her has me suspicious for an inflamed lymph node, cellulitis, or an abscess at that location. With her not wanting to eat, that is most likely due to the pain and inflammation at that region. My best recommendation is a recheck with your vet so they can palpate the mass and to most likely aspirate it to determine the underlying cause. Once that is determined, she may need a course of a stronger antibiotic than the amoxicillin.