How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Michael Salkin Your Own Question
Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 25556
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Michael Salkin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im not sure but the d con rat poison I put out is all gone.

Customer Question

im not sure but the d con rat poison I put out is all gone. Im just concerned if one of my dogs ate it.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what your dog ate?
Customer: They arent acting funny but Im keeping my eye in them.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: No i didnt see them eat it. I put the poison out about 4 or 5 days ago. It just seems to have been eaten rather quickly
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 6 months ago.

If it's been 4-5 days since the d-CON was ingested, they're going to be OK. The brodifacoum in that product can cause uncontrolled bleeding within 1-4 days post-ingestion. If it could have been eaten later than that, you can have their bleeding times checked by PT and PTT testing. If their blood clots in the appropriate time, they should be home free.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.