Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Im not sure but the d con rat poison I put out is all gone.

Customer Question

im not sure but the d con rat poison I put out is all gone. Im just concerned if one of my dogs ate it.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what your dog ate?
Customer: They arent acting funny but Im keeping my eye in them.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: No i didnt see them eat it. I put the poison out about 4 or 5 days ago. It just seems to have been eaten rather quickly
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 6 months ago.

If it's been 4-5 days since the d-CON was ingested, they're going to be OK. The brodifacoum in that product can cause uncontrolled bleeding within 1-4 days post-ingestion. If it could have been eaten later than that, you can have their bleeding times checked by PT and PTT testing. If their blood clots in the appropriate time, they should be home free.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.