Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My beautiful 2 yr old lab mix started chewing his fur a few

Customer Question

My beautiful 2 yr old lab mix started chewing his fur a few weeks ago. It made the areas he chews to be patchy. This morning he was extremely hyper with racing heart and excessive panting. Now he is lethargic and has no appetite. I am very poor and have no vehicle to take him to vet and no money to pay if I could get him there
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I'm so sorry no one reached out to you before now. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Do you have pictures of the hair loss?
2) Where is he chewing?
3) When was the last time that he ate and drank normally?
4) Any vomiting or diarrhea?
5) What flea prevention is being used on him, how often and when was it last applied?