Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

2yr old dogo argentino 1st time hevingbabies she had 7

Customer Question

2yr old dogo argentino 1st time hevingbabies she had 7 normal and taking good care it hapen yesterday 0700 by 830 all was finish
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: Last night she had another dead puppy and she is looking big as if more. She is breathing heavy her part is not swllen any more she seem calm good with the puppy s but look like in pain
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about s?
Customer: Dont thinkso
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that your dog may be having problems and not finished having her puppies. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

I am worried there could be another dead puppy in her, and if it does not come out she will be in trouble. If I were there, I would put on a sterile glove and lots of sterile lubricant and reach inside to see if her cervix is open and if I feel another puppy. If I did feel a puppy in the birth canal, an injection to bring on contractions might get the puppy out. If I did not feel a puppy in the birth canal, I would take an Xray to see if there is another puppy in her uterus. If there is, and the injection to bring on contractions does not help, she may need to have a C section if there are more puppies.

A C section is done to save her life, and you need to find out if she needs one. Perhaps she just has an infection, or a fever, nothing serious, but you need to find out as soon as possible.

Let me know what other questions I can answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

I did not hear back from you; I hope you saw my response! Was this helpful; were all your questions answered?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

How is your dog and her puppies doing?