Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

Let night she came in and had a cloudy mucus oozing from her

Customer Question

Let night she came in and had a cloudy mucus oozing from her nose. This morning bloody mucus with a slight odor is coming from her mouth. Not vomiting.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: No
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is***** and she is a 4 year old boxer
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Zoey Nichole?
Customer: No
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Zoey. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Is she eating normally, or is she having any difficulty chewing? Discharge from the nose and mouth could be from a broken or infected tooth. Another possibility is that something (grass, a bit of bone, stick, etc.) is caught between teeth or under her tonsils. If she were my patient or my own dog, I would start with a good exam of her mouth: under her tongue, under her tonsils, behind her back teeth, and examining all her teeth. I would feel for enlarged lymph nodes in her neck; if there are enlarged nodes that can indicate an infection in the mouth or teeth. If there is a bad odor from the mouth, probably something is infected or a piece of foreign material is stuck in there.

Let me know if I can answer any more of your questions.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I hope you were able to see my response; I have not heard back from you! How is Zoey doing? Was this helpful; did I answer all your questions?