Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My beagle mix 1 year old just ate her 6 month supply of tri

Customer Question

My beagle mix 1 year old just ate her 6 month supply of tri heart plus. What do I do? She ate thru box and wrapping
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your beagle will be able to digest that. What is the beagle's name?
Customer: Annie
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Annie?
Customer: No she just went to vet today and got this and 3 year rabid Nd 3 year par I vaccine
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

Please don't be alarmed. I might dose a dog with 100X the amount of ivermectin in that product when treating manges. The other ingredient - pyrantel - has a moderate range of safety. Dosages of up to 7X recommended for pyrantel generally result in no toxic reaction. I wouldn't induce emesis or treat in any manner. You might see transient GI distress as evidenced by inappetence, vomiting and/or diarrhea from ingesting so much of an unusual "food" but Annie wasn't intoxicated.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.