Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

My 10 lb dog is in prednisone and expriences pain when i

Customer Question

My 10 lb dog is in prednisone and expriences pain when i touch his shoulder Would it be OK to give him some dog asprin one can get from Petco?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Noah he is four
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Noah?
Customer: He might ave a compressed disk
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Noah. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

If he is taking prednisone, it is not safe to give aspirin. You can only give one or the other. How much prednisone does he take, and why?

There are safe pain medications that can be given with prednisone, but they are by prescription from your veterinarian: tramadol, or gabapentin.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

I hope you saw my response; I have not heard back from you! How is Noah doing? Was this helpful; did I answer all your questions?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?