Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

We have an 8 week old puppy that just cannot poop---such

Customer Question

We have an 8 week old puppy that just cannot poop---such efforts with no results, eats and drinks, but vomits afterwards. Tummy is soft, pup is playful,
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb. I recently came online and see that your question about your puppy hasn't been answered. I'm so sorry that you've had to wait for a response, but if you still need assistance, I'd like to help if I can.
I do have a few questions to ask first, if you don't mind:

1. Since straining can be associated with both constipation issues as well as diarrhea, no offense intended but are you certain that she's constipated?

2. Were the last stools that she had loose or normal or overly firm?

3. Has she been wormed recently?

Since it looks as if you are currently offline, there may be a delay after I receive your answers since I have to type up a response to you and I may be offline at the time you respond. But I'll get back to you as soon as I can since I'm on the computer some part of every day.
Thanks for your patience. Deb