Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

I have a staffy who has a dry cracked nose he bleeds

Customer Question

I have a staffy who has a dry cracked nose he bleeds sometimes from sneezing he had had a nasal flush and xray plus dust mite tablets and now I notice he has a pink growth just at the entrance of the nostril that blood comes from sometimes and clear liquid hehas been on antibiotics but it is no better only in one nostril and is very painfull if I try to touch or put coconut oil on to sooth cracking.
can you please help me I have spent $ 780.00 plus with no improvement ***@******.***
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner, Victoria. Can you upload a photo(s) of Deisel's nose to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as

Please check the photo(s) before uploading to make sure that they're in focus.

Such a dry cracked nose usually indicates nasal hyperkeratosis that has fissured and bled but I have to rule out an autoimmune skin disorder such as discoid lupus erythematosus or pemphigus which can look similar to severe hyperkeratosis. I understand your financial constraints but biopsying may need to be done to clarify why Deisel's nose has been so symptomatic. A biopsy of that pink growth would be submitted along with a biopsy of the dry/cracked area of his nose.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have already sent an email to you requesting refund as you gave no more information than I already had
So as promised by your website I would like my refund Thankyou