jadedangel57, owner
Experience:  breeder/ vet assistant.

A doctor told my daughter he had to look at her bobbie joes

Customer Question

a doctor told my daughter he had to look at her bobbie joes xray by somebdy in appleteon to make a vdecissiun , she hase a bone spur driving her crazy. nothing wrong with her hip.
doesn't that vet know how to read an xray.where do i find a decent vet around here. some body wh can look at xray an know whats wrong and fix it??
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  jadedangel57 replied 2 months ago.

Hi JaCustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

The following site can help you find a different vet and perhaps one that has some orthopedic experience or specializes in radiology and thus would be better able to read the x-rays and make a decision.

Her vet is probably able to diagnose many conditions from x-rays but if they are considering surgery the vet may want an orthopedic surgeon to look over the films before moving forward. A second opinion is a very good idea anyway, so taking the films to another vet would be advised.

I hope this information is helpful to you. If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to press the reply to expert or continue conversation button so I can address any issues you still have . If you do find this helpful, please take this opportunity to rate my answer positively so I am compensated for my time.

Hi Frank,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Frank S Fontaine. How is everything going?

Hi again,

Just following up to see if you were able to get in touch with an orthopedic surgeon to give a second opinion? I hope my answer was helpful