How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Dan Your Own Question
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 8813
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic dogs, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Dan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our lab has possibly ingested 2 small earring aid batteries

Customer Question

our lab has possibly ingested 2 small earring aid batteries 30 mins ago. what should we do?
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

These batteries need to come out as they can cause problems in many ways. If we are not sure they were eaten then an xray will tell us for sure. If the batteries are in there then the vet can induce voimiting if the batteries don't appear like they were chewed. If they are chewed these batteries will cause bad chemical burns on the way out if we induce vomiting. If the batteries are intact and can't be vomited up then they can be removed with an endoscope or with surgery. The sooner he/she gets to the vet the less and less likely surgery will be needed. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions, if it did help, please leave a rating. Dr. Dan