Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

She has been I'll for a few weeks her back legs were swollen

Customer Question

She has been I'll for a few weeks her back legs were swollen heavy panting and a fever.has been on 2 anti biotic a splant steroid and probiotic and was doing well.last night she started vomiting and can't keep anything down. More heavy panting and twitching.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: No I spoke to them and they did a tk1 test it came back high positive.there was some shadowing in the abdominal Cray they did.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) How is she doing at this time?
2) Has she held any food down since your post?
3) Still vomiting?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
She seems better no vomiting since yesterday afternoon.she isn't eating as usual but has eaten and kept it down.

The heavy panting, twitching and swollen legs are all likely linked with pain. If she is not receiving something to help with the discomfort, I would talk to your vet about doing this. Pain alone can also reduce a pet's appetite. Something so small as giving relief from discomfort may change her symptoms drastically. While she likely doesn't qualify for NSAID usage, a medication like tramadol should be able to be used in her with the medication that she's already on. I would see if they will at least prescribe a trial to see if this helps her. Obviously with the swelling in her back legs and the fever, she's not feeling well. The antibiotics will help if infection is present, but it does not address discomfort.

Let me know if I can help further.