Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

I have a German shepherd border collie mix who has a lump on

Customer Question

I have a German shepherd border collie mix who has a lump on the back of a front knee. I have taken her to a vet and the fluid is clear and yesterday it was drained and look normal. Today it is back and it's still with fluid again about the size it was. Should I take her to a different vet I was just something that will go away.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 months ago.

William, it isn't clear to me which joint you're referring to as a "knee" (which is a hind leg joint). Can you upload a photo(s) of this lump to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as

Please check the photo(s) before uploading to make sure that they're in focus.

or see here: